Collecting Websites and Webpages
- Your personal and social bookmarks
 Web Directories
- Yahoo! directory
- ipl2 - This index is maintained by volunteer students and LIS professionals.
- technorati blogs directory
- The WWW Virtual Library - a good source to find specialized portals (aka "vortlas").
- Digital Librarian
- Creative Commons Content Directories
- List of web directories
 Academic Directories
- BUBL LINK - Selected academic internet resources.
- Voice of the Shuttle - an humanities focused index.
 Social networking services
- Wikipedia "external links" and "reference" sections.
- Social bookmarking services<ref>List of social bookmarking services</ref>
- Academic networks
- More social networking websites
 Similar Search
 Links submission
Most of the search platforms support multi-links submition by placing the URLs in separate lines in a text box (for example "include sites in bulk" option in the Google interface). Also, Some platforms support dynamic indexing through RSS feeds (for example Blekko and Eurekster). If your search platform doesn't support RSS feeds or you want to get more control over your search engine, you can use Link Leecher or Multi links to grab links from webpages or RSS feeds.
- making a custom search engine from your Delicious bookmarks in three steps:
- Sign in to your Delicious account
- From the navigation menu select "Tags>My Tags" and then select one of your tags.
- Click on the RSS icon at the address bar and add the RSS feed topical search engine.
- You can also create a bundle with the relevant tags or select existing bundle from the right pane.
- If you are using Google Platform you can make a custom search engine on the Fly.
 Websites Evaluation
 Website Reputation
- Norton Safe Web
- McAfee SiteAdvisor (online lookup)
- Web of Trust (WOT)
- Urlvoid - a multisearch solution
 Website Speed
- Selecting Sites to Search (Google Code documentation)
- Website reputation ratings
- Comparing Six Ways to Identify Top Blogs in Any Niche
- Using Blekko to search across thousands of library sites
- Ann Smarty, 5 Text-Only Browsers in Internet Marketing Ninjas.